Please find the application dates for our study programmes here.
International students can apply before the opening of the application period. As many foreign applicants have to attend language courses or a course at the "Studienkolleg" before starting their degree course, we recommend sending your application as early as possible. Early application is also recommended for the issue of a visa.
Which application process is applicable for you, depends on the country in which you have acquired your university entrance qualification (secondary school degree, "Feststellungsprüfung", university entrance test, successfully completed years of study) or your university degree.
Applicants holding a German university entrance qualification or a German university degree (also applicants having passed the "Feststellungsprüfung" at a German "Studienkolleg"), apply directly at the Student Service Center of the University of Applied Sciences Nordhausen.
Applicants holding a university entrance qualification or a university degree from another country (other than Germany), apply via uni-assist. Uni-assist will process your application on behalf ot the university of Applied Sciences Nordhausen. They have experts for the assessment of international degrees who will check your application documents. They will then forward your application to the University of Applied Sciences Nordhausen where the decision on your admission will be taken. The fees for the assessment via uni-assist are 75,- € (and 30,- € each for multiple applications).
The following documents are necessary for your application via uni-assist:
- Completed online application,
- An officially certified copy of your university entrance qualification (secondary school degree, university entrance test, successfully completed years of study) or your university degree
- Certified translation into German (French and English are accepted)
- Poss. APS certificate (only applicants from China or Vietnam )
- Poss. assessment test certificate or proof of attendance of a "Studienkolleg" (only if you have been attending a "Studienkolleg" before your application)
- Certificates regarding knowledge of the language of instruction (Minimum requirements for German as language of instruction: DSH 2, Test DaF 4x4 Points, "telc C1 Hochschule", "Großes/Kleines Sprachdiplom" or "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung des Goethe-Instituts", Minimum requirements for English as language of instruction: TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.0 or university degree if the studies have been successfully completed in English)
- Transfer of the handling costs or Credit Card Payment form (further information on uni-assist)
- A copy of the passport
- A passport photo (for the application form)
If the application on uni-assist is not yet possible for your desired starting date, please choose an earlier starting date. After your admission, the starting date can be changed.
Please send your application directly to uni-assist: uni-assist e.V., D-11507 Berlin
What happens next?
The decision on whether your degree is recognised as equivalent to a German degree will be taken based on proposals made by the Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (http://anabin.kmk.org/).
If your degree is recognised as equivalent to a German degree and you have proven sufficient language knowledge, your are directly admitted to study at the University of Applied Sciences Nordhausen.
Applicants with insufficient knowledge of the language of instruction will receive a conditional admission with the obligation to prove the required language knowledge (see 6. above) before starting their degree course.
If your degree is not recognised as equivalent to a german degree, you will receive a conditional admission with the obligation to pass an exam called "Prüfung zur Feststellung der Eignung ausländischer Studienbewerber für die Aufnahme eines Studiums an Hochschulen in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland" ("Feststellungsprüfung") before starting your degree course. The exam can be prepared and taken at the Studienkolleg Nordhausen.