If you enter Germany from abroad, you must observe the applicable entry and quarantine regulations. Since changes are often announced at very short notice by the authorities, we ask you to regularly check the pages of the
and the Federal Ministry of Health.
You are required to conduct a digital registration on entry if you spent time in an area of variants of concern within 10 days prior to your entry. Please enter information on the places you stayed over the previous 10 days on the website www.einreiseanmeldung.de. After filling in all of the necessary information, you will receive a PDF file as confirmation. Before transporting you, your carrier will check whether you are in possession of a confirmation. Otherwise, the carrier will not be allowed to take you. Should you, in exceptional cases, be unable to conduct a digital registration on entry, you are instead required to fill out a substitute registration on paper.
The Federal Government has decided to amend the Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations (Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung). On June 1st, the obligation to provide proof – vaccinated, recovered or tested negative – ended when entering Germany. Excluded are people arriving from an area of variants of concern. However, no country is currently classified as an an area of variants of concern.
From June 11, 2022, the remaining corona-related entry restrictions for entry from third countries were also lifted. Due to a reciprocity reservation, however, this does not apply to entries by residents from China.
If, at any time within the ten days prior to entry, you spent time in an area classified as an area of variants of concern, you must, as a rule, make your way directly to your home – or other place of accommodation at your destination – upon arrival and remain isolated there (home quarantine). If you spent time in an area of variants of concern prior to entry, as a rule the quarantine period is 14 days.
If the respective area of variants of concern is no longer listed as such during your period of quarantine in Germany, the quarantine obligation ends.
As of Monday, 11 July 2022, the rapid tests are no longer free of charge. The rules on co-payment of 3 euros (when the Corona warning app is warned, when an event is planned to be attended or when contact with a high-risk person is planned) or full payment of 19 euros on site will apply.
Appointments for rapid tests can be booked here.
If you have rented a room from Studierendenwerk you can contact them if you need help and support, such as shopping or urgent errands.
The dorm tutors are also there for you. International tenants receive the contacts of the residential tutors responsible for their residential home when they sign their contract.
And of course you can contact the International Office.
- If you live with other people, you should stay in different rooms and not sleep in the same room to avoid infection.
- Make sure to wash your hands regularly.
- Follow the cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Air living rooms and bedrooms well.
- Do not share household items such as dishes, laundry and towels.
- If possible, use a private bathroom.
- Do not share hygiene products.
- Surfaces such as door handles, tables, shelves should be cleaned regularly and thoroughly and, if possible, disinfected.
- Meals should be taken separately.
- During quarantine, distract yourself with pleasant activities. You can shorten your time with exercises for physical activity, cooking, reading, online learning, watching movies, etc.
- Despite isolation, stay connected to other people, especially if you live alone. Get the support of friends, family and others. Try to stay in touch with them by phone, mail or online. Let them know you want to stay connected and let this become your daily routine. This is important for your mental well-being.
- Ask others who are not in quarantine to go shopping for you. If it is not possible, we recommend using alternative shopping methods such as online sales and delivery in a secure way, with the delivery person not entering your home and delivering the package to your front door.
Here are some useful delivery possibilities:
To avoid being bored in quarantine, here are a few ideas for virtual excursions: