The German Academic Exchange Service’s DAAD Prize is awarded to international students who have distinguished themselves through outstanding academic achievements and social or intercultural commitment. Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences awards this prize of 1,000 euros annually.
All staff, student representatives and members of the student council at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences are encouraged to nominate international students for this award.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Student in at least the fourth semester of a Bachelor’s course or the second semester of a Master’s course
- Outstanding academic achievements
- Social or (inter-)cultural commitment
- Letter of recommendation that includes details of the international student’s active role in internationalisation
- Current Transcript of Records
Nominations will be accepted throughout each year until the end of the first week in May. After the deadline for submitting nominations, a dedicated committee will meet and select the final prize-winner from among the nominees. The award ceremony is held at different times or venues. The campus festival and the matriculation ceremony have served as a suitable backdrop for this in the past. The exact date will be announced well in advance.
To find out about the laureates from the previous years have a look at the Geman page.