How to apply > exchange students

If you’re interested in an exchange semester (non-degree seeking study) at University of Applied Sciences Nordhausen read and follow the below mentioned instructions to find out how to apply as an exchange student.

When can I apply?

 Application deadline Winter Semester (01.10.-31.03)Application deadline Sommer Semester (01.04.-30.09.)
Students from the EU (Erasmus+)30th June31st January
Students from Non-EU Partner Universities30th April30th November

A nomination by the partner university should be submitted no later than two weeks before the deadline. 

How can I apply?

If you are interested in coming to Nordhausen as an exchange student, the first step is to go to your home university’s International Office. They will contact our International Office to notify us of your interest in an exchange. (They do so by “nominating” you.)

If you are then accepted by Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences, the next step is to read the information on data protection concerning the use of “Mobility-Online” before applying using our online application system:

  1. Incoming Erasmus+ Students
  2. Incoming Worldwide Students

The following documents must be uploaded to complete your application:

  1. Learning Agreement (if this has not already been provided by the home university)
  2. Transcript of Records from the home university
  3. Confimation of application in the halls of residence
  4. Duly completed application for thoska chip card
  5. Passport photo (in JPG format)
  6. Students from countries in Europe must also provide a scan of their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) / Students from non EU countries must provide a confirmation of their health insurance

What language skills/ proficiency do I need?

Most classes are taught in German. However, Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences also offers a selection of courses taught in English.

To be able to follow classes properly, we recommend international students to have at least B2 level for German and/or English.

Please note that German missions abroad may require you to provide proof of sufficient language skills when applying for a study visa. In such a case, you must submit a recognized language certificate. We can neither test your language skills nor provide you with such a proof.