The campus run is organized by the Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences, Weinberghof 4, 99734 Nordhausen, represented by the President Prof. Dr. Jörg Wagner. Participation in the Campus Run of Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is free of charge and is governed exclusively by these conditions of participation.
EligibleParticipants are natural persons who are resident in Germany and have reached the age of 18. Should a participating person be limited in his/her legal capacity, the consent of his/her legal representative is required. Participation is not restricted to members of the university. Participants must be insured by a health insurance company and be in sufficient physical condition.
ParticipationParticipation in the campus run takes place by sending the completed registration form. By sending the registration form, the registered person accepts these conditions of participation.
Transfer of the starting placeThe registration is personal. The right to participate can only be transferred to another person with the permission of the organizer.
- The participating persons expressly agree to the collection and processing of their personal data for the purpose of the Campus Run. They assure that the personal data provided by them, in particular first name, surname, are true and correct.
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences points out that all personal data of the participating persons will neither be passed on to third parties nor given to them for use without their consent.
- The data protection declaration of the Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is available at hs-nordhausen.de/information/datenschutz.
Photography and filming
- The participating persons agree that photographs or film recordings made by them may be published and used without any claim to remuneration for the purpose of reporting or advertising the campus run.
- The participating person may revoke his/her voluntarily declared consent at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation. This person also has the right to information, to correction of incorrect data, blocking and deletion of his personal data. The revocation must be sent in writing to the contact details of Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences given in the registration form. After revocation of the consent, the collected and stored personal data of the participating persons will be deleted immediately.
Termination of the Campus RunNordhausen University of Applied Sciences expressly reserves the right to terminate the Campus Run without prior notice and without giving reasons. This applies in particular to any reasons that would disrupt or prevent the Campus Run from running according to plan.
- Participation in the Campus Run at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is at your own risk. The organizer assumes no liability for health risks of the participating person in connection with the participation in the running event. The participating person declares with the participation that he/she has trained sufficiently for the participation and is physically healthy.
- The liability of the organizer is limited to intent and gross negligence. Furthermore, the organizer is also liable in case of negligent violation of duties, if this has caused injury to life, body or health. The organizer is also liable for the negligent breach of obligations, the fulfillment of which makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place (cardinal obligations). In the latter case, however, the organizer shall not be liable for damages that are not foreseeable and not typical for the contract. The aforementioned limitations of liability shall also apply to the organizer's vicarious agents as well as third parties used by the organizer in connection with the execution of the event.
- Accidents and damages are to be reported to the organizer immediately.
- The organizer assumes no liability for objects stored free of charge.
- The participant declares that he/she will only start on the day of the event in good health. If there is a suspicion of a contagious disease, a start is not allowed. The organizer reserves the right to ask for a proof that there is no illness before the start (2G, 2G+, 3G depending on the then valid legal requirements.
- The participant confirms with his registration that he is aware of the risk of contracting a disease such as the Corona virus despite all hygiene measures implemented by the organizer. The organizer cannot guarantee a 100 percent protection against an illness.
Instructions of the organizer
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences and its employees, in particular the contact person named in the registration form, are basically authorized to give instructions and can expel participating persons from the premises in case of improper behavior and violation of these conditions of participation.
- In special situations, such as a pandemic, the organizer reserves the right to take additional hygiene measures, such as ordering the wearing of masks or taking fever measurements before entering or on the event premises and, if necessary, to refuse admission and participation.
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to exclude or disqualify persons from participation at its own discretion if there are justified reasons, for example:
- In the event of violations of these conditions of participation,
- Wearing headphones,
- Accompanying runners on means of locomotion such as bicycles, inline skates, scooters or similar,
- carrying baby joggers. animals or other things that could hinder or endanger other participants,
- in the case of dishonest actions,
- in the case of false or misleading information in connection with participation in the Campus Run and registration.
Severability ClauseShould any provision of these Conditions of Participation be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Conditions of Participation. In place of the invalid provision, the legally permissible provision that comes closest in economic terms to the meaning and purpose expressed in the invalid provision shall apply. The same applies in the event of a loophole in these conditions of participation.
The team of Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences wishes you a lot of fun and success!