Welcome, dear freshmen!
To make your start into your studies easier, we have compiled important information for you on this page:
With the document available for download for the first steps at our university, we would like to give you a guideline that will answer your first questions about the organization of your studies at our university. We also recommend that you participate in the introductory study day.
Every year in the winter semester, 1 week before the start of the courses (see semester dates), the study introduction days for our first semester students take place. During these days you will be introduced to your studies by student tutors. This includes, among other things:
- getting to know your fellow students for the first time
- Matriculation ceremony (with welcome gift)
- Getting to know the campus and its facilities
- Tasks of the Study Service Center
- Explanation of curricula
- Explanation of regulations relevant to the study program
- introduction to laboratories
- first acquaintance with the city of Nordhausen
Dear first-year students, due to the current pandemic situation, please use the possibility of postal and contactless enrollment.
Please submit the following documents requested in the admission letter by mail or e-mail (sszhs-nordhausen.de):
- Transfer voucher of the payment of the semester fee
- Membership certificate of the statutory health insurance
Attention: A copy of the chip card is not sufficient. Please request the certificate from your health insurance company for submission to the university. If you do not have statutory health insurance, you must submit a certificate of exemption; if you have family insurance, you must request a certificate from your health insurance company.
- completed application for issuance of a Thoska chip card (student ID) with passport photo and signature
Attention: The matriculation number will be added by the university; no processing can take place without signature and passport photo.
- If you send your application documents by mail, please include a self-addressed, stamped (1,55 €) envelope size C4 for the enrollment certificate and the temporary student ID.
- if you are sending your application documents by e-mail (in pdf format), please include an online stamp (also in pdf format) with your application (available in the Deutsche Post store).
Until September 15, students can apply to the Studierendenwerk Thüringen for "StudiumThüringenPlus" start-up assistance from the state of Thuringia for the coming winter semester. This start-up aid is a one-time support in the amount of 500 euros. It is granted to financially needy first-year students who are admitted to a state or state-recognized Thuringian university for the first time to study in attendance form. With "StudiumThüringenPlus," Thuringia aims to make it easier for students from lower-income families to start their studies by the winter semester of 2023/2024.
The initial study assistance may only be used for necessary expenses directly related to the start of studies (e.g. semester fees without semester ticket, PC hardware and software, study materials, study literature, language courses or introductory events before the start of studies). Financial need must be proven by an application for educational support according to the BAföG or, in the case of foreign first-year students not entitled to BAföG, by a self-disclosure of income and financial circumstances; the relevant provisions of the BAföG serve as a guide when assessing need. In addition, the program is aimed at "first-time students," which means that, for example, master's students and students who were already enrolled before the winter semester cannot be granted study start assistance.
"With the Studienstarthilfe, first-time students in need of support can be helped financially to take up and prepare for a course of study in Thuringia, so that the start into the winter semester 2022/23 can succeed as well as possible," says Sandro Nordmann, head of the social services department at Studierendenwerk Thüringen.
For more information on "StudiumThüringenPlus" and how to apply, visit stw-thueringen.de/finanzen/studiumthueringenplus.html