Services photovoltaic systems
Photovoltaic systems consist of individual components whose technical properties should be well matched to each other in order to guarantee faultless operation and an optimum energy yield over the common operating period of 20 to 25 years. The conversion of incident sunlight into electrical energy takes place without moving parts and almost noiselessly. A non-optimal system operation due to design or installation errors as well as errors or damage to individual components can only be detected or localized with difficulty. This makes it all the more important to ensure optimum plant design already during the planning phase.
Assessment of photovoltaic systems
The experts of in.RET support you during all development phases of your photovoltaic system. During the planning phase we offer the following services:
- Preparation of site-specific energy yield reports (recognised DKB expert)
- Development of own-consumption concepts
- Feasibility studies
After completion of the photovoltaic system, we check the correct installation of the system and, as recognised experts, provide commissioning and final acceptance reports as required.
If you experience lower yields or repeated operating failures during the operation of the photovoltaic system, we support you in troubleshooting and optimising your system. To this end, we offer the following services, among others:
- Plant inspection with characteristic measurement of individual photovoltaic modules or partial generators (on-site)
- Power measurement of individual photovoltaic modules in the solar simulator of the in.RET
- Analysis of current-voltage characteristics
- Checking individual components or the entire installation
- Energy yield analysis
- Electroluminescence analysis of photovoltaic modules
- Infrared examination of photovoltaic modules and generators
- Simulation of customer-specific load situations of individual components
Qualification and testing of photovoltaic modules and other components
During the operation of a photovoltaic system, the photovoltaic modules in particular are exposed to the effects of the weather throughout their entire life time without protection. Not every photovoltaic module is immune to damage caused by these influences. Comprehensive laboratory equipment is available at the in.RET for the qualification of photovoltaic modules and for damage analysis. This includes, among others:
- Flasher (class AAA) and continuous light sun simulator (class BBA) with an adjustable constant irradiance of 200 to 1200 W/m².
- Characteristic curve measuring device for recording current-voltage characteristics of photovoltaic modules and photovoltaic generators (1000V, 40A)
- Climatic chamber with UV irradiation for accelerated aging and sprinkler system
- Test space (L/W/H): 2.50m x 2.10 m x 2.20 m
- Temperature range: -60°C to 100 °C
- rel. Humidity: 10 to 95
- UV irradiation 250 W/m² according to IEC 61646/ 61215
- Performance of temperature cycle tests, steam heat tests, bias steam heat tests, etc.
- Test stand for determining the max. reverse current load (up to -20 A)
- Test stand for hot spot tests
- Electroluminescence measuring station
In addition to module tests for photovoltaic module manufacturers, in.RET also offers customer-specific tests for system integrators and end customers. In addition to standard module tests, we quickly and cost-effectively develop test procedures and test benches for all components of a photovoltaic system.