Registration and Lending
In order to borrow media and use other library services, you must register in the library.
For registration you need:
- A completed registration form
- Students of Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences: student ID and ID card or passport
- Staff of Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences: ID card or passport
- All other persons: Identity card or passport
- Persons aged 16 and over are permitted to register. Minors under the age of 18 also need a declaration of consent from their parents.
They will receive a user card with a user number and a password that allow them to access their personal user account in the online catalogue (OPAC).
The basis for borrowing and using the library are the user regulations and the list of charges (in german).
The password is your date of birth in the following form: ttmmjj
You can change this password (OPAC > User account > Password).
Users take books independently from the shelves and work with them in the reading room or present them for borrowing at the circulation desk.
With the help of the online catalogue (OPAC) you can find the literature you need in the library.
Books, electronic media and bound periodicals can be borrowed for 4 weeks at a time.
In addition, it is possible to renew all media three times for the same period, provided that there is no reservation for the medium.
Books with the sticker "Not available for loan" as well as magazines and newspapers of the current year cannot be borrowed.
At the end of the loan period, the media must be returned to the circulation desk.