The innovative master degree course Public Management & Governance prepares you for leadership roles in the public sector. During this degree course you will deepen your knowledge in areas of theory, empiricism and in the field of public management and public governance methods.
After successfully completing your studies, you will be able to assess the efficiency, effectiveness and legitimacy of state and administration action, and to recognize, analyze, and target the development of control modes in organizations and networks. In addition, you will be able to design and manage legal preparation and administrative processes efficiently, as well as in a manner that is appropriate for interest groups. Public Management & Governance graduates will also be able to perform leadership and advisory tasks.
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Standard period of study / Credits
3 semesters / 90 ECTS-credits
Internship prior to enrolment
Winter and summer semester
After graduation, you will have many opportunities to choose a career in different fields of the public sector. You have access to the higher service and you can do your doctorate.
Qualified degree (minimum ECTS grade "B")
- of at least 210 ECTS credits directly qualifying for the career of the senior non-technical management service or
- of a suitable first professional qualification in business administration, administrative law, law or social sciences amounting to at least 180 ECTS credits under the condition that the modules that are missing to achieve 210 ECTS credits are made up.
The Master degree course builds consecutively on suitable economic, administrative, legal or social science degree courses. The degree course provides in-depth scientific and professional knowledge of the theory, empiricism and methods of public management and public governance. It should in particular enable
- To judge the efficiency, effectiveness and legitimacy of action by the state and administration,
- Recognize control modes in organizations and networks, analyze their effects and further develop them in a goal-oriented manner.
- To be able to design and manage legal preparation and administrative processes efficiently, as well as in a manner that is appropriate for interest groups, and
- To be able to perform leadership and consulting tasks in public administrations and non-profit organizations.