Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
Standard period of study / Credits
3 semesters / 90 ECTS-Credits
15th May to 30th September of the relevant year
Bachelor's degree in a related field (210 ECTS-Credits)
Energetic-Ecological Urban Redevelopment is both a collaborative effort and a generational task to be tackled by a multitude of companies and institutions.
- Offices for planning, project planning and project development,
- Environmental groups,
- International companies of the resources and energy industry,
- Construction and execution companies,
- Consulting and consulting companies,
- Public institutions of municipalities, state and federal government,
- Licensing and inspection authorities,
- Banks and insurance companies,
- Public and private research institutions,
- National and international agencies for development cooperation.
The prerequisite for the master degree course Energetic-Ecological Urban Redevelopment at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is the completion of a first qualifying engineering degree (210 ECTS credits). Admission may be granted for a Bachelor's degrees with 180 ECTS credits on condition that you complete the missing 30 ECTS credits.
The three-semester master degree course conveys expertise in the transdisciplinary field of energetic and ecological urban redevelopment. It requires basic knowledge in the scientific and technical field. Lectures, exercises and seminars are devoted to topics of sustainability, urban and spatial planning, building in climate change, mobility, urban material and energy flows, financing and value creation, urban ecology and sociology, as well as the legal framework and politics. In addition to the courses, site visits and excursions illustrate the dimensions of these topics.