The Master's program in Special Education - Education and Heterogeneity represents a scientifically based and activity-accompanying specialization that focuses on application-oriented learning of knowledge and the development of relevant, as well as future key competencies. Special education professionals are enabled to design sustainable and inclusive educational and practical projects with an innovative character and to implement them with the addressees in a society that is constantly changing at a faster pace.
For this purpose, previous and new theoretical knowledge is linked with the students' own professional biographical experiences as well as their individual experiences during their studies as central elements. In addition, project-, social space- and research-related methods are made applicable in professional practice.
The postgraduate master's program in special education - education and heterogeneity offers you the following goals for your studies:
- Reflection of an in-depth special education professional self-understanding in the context of education, participation and inclusion.
- Development of research, counseling and leadership competencies on the basis of a critical and diversity-sensitive analysis of conditions of participation
- Development and differentiation of action concepts for heterogeneous groups that promote participation
- target-differentiated evaluation and further development of professional standards and concepts
- educational processes on different levels of intervention (individual, group, organization, social space/community, politics/society)
- Conducting own research, especially with participatory methods, on the basis of theoretical and research-related analyses of the field of special education and its interdisciplinary contexts
You will earn a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in special education.
The Master's program in Special Education - Education and Heterogeneity is aimed at:
- officially recognized special educators with a bachelor's degree or a technical college degree with professional experience as well as
- graduates with a university degree in a comparable field of study and professional experience in the field of special education.
To be admitted to the postgraduate master's program in Special Education - Education and Heterogeneity (M.A.), the following qualifications are required:
- first university degree in special education or a comparable course of study
- at least one year of professional experience in a field of work related to special education
- letter of motivation
Professionally qualified applicants:
- successful completion of a vocational school or academy as a special educator
- three years of professional experience in a field of work related to special education
- successfully passed aptitude test
- letter of motivation
If you have any questions about the admission requirements, just give us a call. Our university team will be happy to advise you by phone at +49 3631 420-222 or in person on site.
The achievements are evaluated according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). With the award of credit points, the study achievements are internationally comparable and recognized.
Credit points are awarded for each successfully completed module, reflecting the average learning effort. One credit point corresponds to a learning effort of approximately 25 time hours. The amount of work required depends on the number of ECTS points in the individual modules.
During your studies you will acquire a total of 120 ECTS (20 ECTS per semester).
The postgraduate Master's program in Special Needs Education - Education and Heterogeneitystarts on 01.10. (winter semester) of each year.
Start: winter semester 2022
Duration: 6 semesters, part-time
The following costs are incurred for the Master's program in Special Needs Education - Education and Heterogeneity:
1,752 euros per semester plus semester fee.
Find out more informations about the semester fee at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences.
For the master's program in special education , you apply via the university's online portal
- annually from April 1 to July 31 (applications can also be submitted outside this period) - application for aptitude test by January 15.