Do you want to protect the environment and develop technologies that simplify recycling and reduce environmental pollution? With a degree in environmental and recycling technology, you will learn all the knowledge an engineer needs on the job market.
The Environmental and Recycling Engineering program focuses on interdisciplinary methods for protecting the environment and recycling raw materials. New technologies for secondary raw material extraction (e.g. recycling of electronic devices), energy extraction from waste (e.g. biowaste, substitute fuels), methods for reducing air pollution, wastewater treatment, technical measures for water, soil and noise protection as well as the metrological recording and monitoring of pollutants and environmental damage, future-oriented techniques for the effective use of renewable energies (e.g. biofuels), use of molecular biotechnology for sustainable environmental prevention, remediation and production show the range of environmental and recycling technology.
Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is one of the few universities in Germany where you can receive an overarching education that includes biological, chemical, mechanical and thermal process engineering. The specialization is recycling technology.
In numerous laboratory practicals and excursions, you will learn how different processes and techniques are implemented in practice. Particularly attractive is the new in-house research center "ThIWert" (Thuringian Research Center for Recyclable Materials) where industry-sponsored, practice-relevant research projects are tinkered with together with students. Cooperation takes place with small and medium-sized companies in the region as well as with large companies beyond the region.
With this internationally recognized bachelor's degree in Environmental and Recycling Technology, which is in great demand due to its very high practical relevance, you can become active worldwide or opt for a more advanced master's degree program - Environmental and Recycling Technology.
If you are curious about how the recycling of raw materials succeeds, what state-of-the-art environmental technology means, and you are always ready to question what exists, then the Environmental and Recycling Technology degree program and Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences are the right place for you.
With the comprehensive skills profile that you acquire during your studies in environmental and recycling technology, as a Bachelor of Engineering you will have the opportunity to enter a wide range of professions in the fields of technology, business and science after graduation. For example, you can gain a foothold in the raw materials industry or in project planning. You can also get a head start in plant engineering and public service. In addition to numerous other career opportunities, you can also go into research.
The later fields of activity are very versatile due to the generalist training:
- Recycling companies, remediation companies and raw materials industry Organization, conception, management and supervision of production or quality monitoring.
- Project planning and plant engineering Planning, development, design of processes and plants as well as implementation of new technological processes, engineering at home and abroad
- Process and environmental engineering companies Managers, project managers
- Public service Technical administration and supervision in specialized departments of state and municipal authorities
- Self-employment Freelance expert, consultant, consultant
- Research and teaching
You can find examples of professional employment after graduation under"What comes after graduation?".
To study Environmental and Recycling Technology (B.Eng.) at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences, you need a general university entrance qualification, subject-specific university entrance qualification, university of applied sciences entrance qualification or an equivalent recognized qualification.
When studying environmental and recycling technology at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences, you will learn to analyze environmental systems and think in terms of material cycles.
In subject-related seminars, numerous laboratory practicals and excursions, your theoretical knowledge is deepened in a practical way.
During your studies in environmental and recycling technology, you will learn to answer the following questions, for example:
- How can we preserve nature and the environment for future generations?
- How can we obtain new raw materials from waste?
- How can we successfully recycle materials?
- How can complex waste such as electrical appliances serve as secondary raw materials?
- Which technologies have to be applied to recycle electrical appliances?
- How is biogas produced from biological waste?
- How is a wastewater treatment plant designed?
- How is phosphate extracted from wastewater, sewage sludge or liquid manure?
- How is energy recovery from waste realized?
- How are recycling plants planned and engineered?
You always wanted to develop technical innovations that improve the environment?
You are interested in raw materials as well as their recycling and would like to plan corresponding plants? You want to make a contribution to sustainability?
Then the study of environmental and recycling technology at Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is just right for you!
- Study program flyer Environmental and Recycling Technology(PDF, german only)992 KB
- Study contents, modules and internships
- Regulations for the study program
- What comes after the study? - Statements from graduates of the study program
- Diploma theses / Bachelor theses
- Pupils experiment
- Student council