Financing your studies with BAföG

How can you finance your studies?

In principle, the financing options for studying are as varied as your own creativity allows. At this point, we would like to draw your attention in particular to two government funding programs.


The Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG) basically ensures barrier-free access to the training of your choice. Barrier-free means that this access is made possible regardless of whether or not your own financial situation allows for the training. BAföG creates financial compensation and thus ensures equal opportunities on the education market. Of course, applying for BAföG raises a lot of questions. Basically, we recommend that you submit your application completely and on time in order to avoid delays in the approval process.

You can find detailed information and assistance on BAföG at or at Studierendenwerk Thüringen.

You can also contact the staff at the BAföG office on the campus of Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences. The BAföG office on the campus of the Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is located in house 8 (refectory building). Here you will be helped with your BAföG application and questions about BAföG will be answered.

Education Loan

In addition to BAföG, the education loan program is another option for financing education. This is a low-interest loan that is subject to a time limit. The education loan is offered in particular for advanced phases of training and can be seen as a supplementary instrument to the Federal Training Assistance Act. Further information can also be found on the Internet at


Of course, there is also the possibility of earning some extra money during the lecture-free period and semester breaks. The demand for temporary student workers is definitely present in the local gastronomy and economy. Look out for advertisements at the Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences and in the daily newspaper or simply ask directly when you next visit a restaurant.