The institute, which has been in existence since 2013, is characterized by a broad spectrum of research and further education as well as interdisciplinary cooperation. The specialized expert knowledge of all professors and research assistants is put into practice in teaching, the research projects carried out, as well as in various practical cooperations.
The specific work areas of the ISRV are reflected in the competence centers.
- basic and applied research in the fields of social medicine, rehabilitation sciences and health services research
- scientific support of projects
- consulting and support of health, rehabilitation and social care institutions as well as companies
- training and further education for employees of the health, social and rehabilitation sector
- Expert opinions on socio-medical and rehabilitation science issues as well as on care issues
- organization and realization of scientific events
- interdisciplinary cooperation with universities and research institutions