If you would like to study abroad, you should begin preparations early (12-18 months in advance). For instance, if you are planning to spend your third semester abroad, you should get in touch with the International Office in the first semester of your course. Please take a look at the timeline first. This shows you exactly what steps need to be taken and when.
- First, it’s important to be interested in going abroad to study.
- Think about what language you would like to study in.
- Obtain information about studying abroad.
- Obtain information about partner universities.
- Go to information sessions on studying abroad (keep an eye out for notices and e-mails).
- Contact former exchange students for tips and advice.
- Make an appointment with the International Office on Moodle.
- Fill in the consultation form on your PC and print it out:
- Consultation at the International Office (Please remember to bring your consultation form with you)
- Make a final decision to study abroad
- Read the information on data protection for the use of "Mobility Online"
- Fill in theOnline Application Form, print it out and submit a signed copy of this to the International Office:
- for Erasmus: internal application deadline for Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is the 1st of February for the following academic year
- for PROMOS: internal application deadline for Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences is the 1st of February for the summer semester and the 1st of June for the winter semester (including the additional documents)
- Fill in the Learning Agreement and submit this to the International Office duly completed and signed (approved by the relevant person responsible for the programme).
- If required, submit a language certificate provided by the relevant language teacher.
- Fill in the application documentation (online application if applicable) of the relevant partner universities and submit this to the International Office (Be sure to check out the partner university’s application deadlines ahead of time).
- The official documents will be sent to you.
- Download the Checklist for outgoing students and the Checklist before departure for your forthcoming studies abroad.
- Begin your course
- Make a note of any changes in the ECTS Learning Agreement and send to the person responsible for the programme (who will forward this to the International Office) for approval
- Before you return, have the Erasmus Coordinator at your host university sign your Letter of Confirmation as proof that you have completed your studies.
- Return to Germany once your studies abroad have been completed
- Participate in the EU's online survey (upon request by e-mail)
- Write a report aabout your stay and submit it to the International Office
- Submit your "Letter of Confirmation" to the International Office
- Once you receive your Transcript of Records from the partner university, fill in the ECTS Grade Conversion Form and hand this in to the International Office along with the Transcript of Records:
- The grades are converted using a grade conversion table approved by the Comitee of International (Visits) and Exchange of the Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences